Posted Friday, March 14, 2014 @ 1:00 PM -- (0 Comments)
I usually enjoy my Influenster boxes. This one however, was a total bust for me.

Read on to find out why!
This box included:
  • Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask ($9.39)
    • I was really hoping this clay mask was a close dupe for the GlamGlow clarifying mask. It claims to help draw out impurities with a negative electrical charge. The mask was refreshing and did soak up my oil to create a matte finish, but I did not feel like it sucked out any of the gunk. My pores seem to be the same size before applying the mask but it did leave my skin feeling soft and makeup applied beautifully afterwards. Will be continuing use of the mask in-between my weekly GlamGlow treatments.
  • Family size Hershey Kisses ($5.29)
    • Not going to ever complain about a large bag of hershey kisses! LOVE these!
  • Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray ($9.99)
    • I already have stick straight hair but its super frizzy. I have an oily scalp but dry ends. Frizz for me is a never ending battle. Until now. This stuff is a god send. It leaves my hair extremely soft (even without conditioning before) and the frizz stays away for DAYS. I wash my hair every other day so I don't get the "3-day Straight" but it looks just as good on day 2 as it did after immediately applying! I'm almost through this tiny sample size, but will be buying the full size soon!
  • Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes ($3.99)
    • These lashes were okay. Easy to apply. I didn't feel like they were "natural" but they definitely weren't over the top. I applied them with my Duo lash glue and wore them out to dinner. They did the trick. For only about $4 retail, I'll probably pick up a few more just to keep around.
  • Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas ($4.49 for 20 bags)
    • I'm not really a fan of tea but I did give these a try. The creme Caramel was smooth and delicious, but I'll be sticking to my daily cup(s) of black medium roast coffee.
It wasn't that the products were bad for this box, they just seemed all over the place. I was hoping to receive the Vaseline Mens Spray for my boyfriend to try but alas, it was no go for me. I enjoyed the products but wasn't overly excited for them. I already have about 20 pairs of lashes and 3 other "mud" masks (one I purchases from Boots that seemed to be this exact mask but with newer packaging. Im still digging in to see if its just repackaged or not).

**These products were sent to me by Influenster for test purposes. All opinions are my own.




0 Comments

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives