Posted Friday, September 13, 2013 @ 6:51 PM -- (0 Comments)

Its no secret that I absolutely love the Maybelline Baby Lips. I previously have collected all of them. These new Baby Lips Dr. Rescue's are new at Wal-Mart. (I saw while at Walgreens yesterday that they had a sign that said "new Baby Lips coming soon" so I'm assuming these might be it). I completely spaced and forgot to take a photo of the display, but I did pick up two. The "lightest" and "darkest" shades.

read on past the page jump for more!
What makes these different then other Baby Lips in the past is that these are "medicated" . The active ingredient is .5% menthol. 

I picked up the clear (Too Coo) and the dark berry (Berry Soft).


Too Cool applies clear (obviously) and has a typical menthol smell (think Vicks vapor rub). But once its applied to your lips, the smell subsides and you no longer smell it.

Berry Soft has a sheer pink tint, barely noticeable on the lips. I did not notice any sort of smell. 

These don't have a overwhelming tingling feeling or smell. Just a calm, cool, nice feeling. 

The collection has a total of 6 shades:

  • Just Peachy (nude peach)
  • Too Cool
  • Berry Soft
  • Coral Crave (coral)
  • Pink Me Up (light pink)
  • Soothing Sorbet (hot pink)
My overall review of these: I LOVE THEM!! They like all the other Baby Lips I own keep me moisturized for hours. The price for these were about $3.50. About $.50 more than regular baby lips, but nothing that will break the bank.


The  cons I have are that there is no SPF in these. Also, on the back under directions is reads: "apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily". For me, I am constantly applying lip balm. I must. My lips are dry all year around, all day, everyday. I'm going to look into the affects of applying to must menthol. I foresee not having any issues so I will be probably applying these all day anyways.


If anyone has info about menthol, please share them down in the comments!

Labels: , , , ,


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives