Posted Monday, August 26, 2013 @ 6:45 PM -- (2 Comments)


I spotted this display today at my local Rite Aid and was instantly excited. I've always wanted to try the chalkboard nails trend but never wanted to drop the cash (about $25 here) from Ciate @ Sephora. I usually like Revlon polishes so I wanted to give these a shot! This week Revlon is 40% off making these just over $5 (originally $8.99).



Read on for swatches and a review!
The display has 8 colors. 
  1. Pass/Fail ( a pastel green)
  2. Teacher's Pet (pastel yellow
  3. Straight A's (white)
  4. Study Date (a tangerine / orange)
  5. Overachiever (peachy pink)
  6. Homecoming (pastel purple)
  7. Spring Break (light mint green)
  8. Liberal Arts (light pastel blue)
I picked up Spring Break and Overachiever.




I must say these surprisingly applied beautifully. The black side took 2 thin coats and dried extremely quickly. The brush was okay, nothing to spectacular. The colored matte end (side 2) has a very thin brush.

The key to these to to apply them lightly, with one coat and wipe off all excess polish on your brush before you draw. I applied thicker coats for the dots on my ring finger and the star on my pinky. They look NOTHING like a "chalkboard". The other three nails were applied with very a very thin coat and a small brush strokes, really making them look like chalkboard. 

Overall, I love these. I'll be picking up a few more colors while the sale is still relevant this week!

Let me know if you have spotted these and picked any up!


Labels: , , , , ,


2 Comments

Blogger Jessica said...

Stumbled across your blog...thanks for the tip on removing the excess polish for the color! I applied a thick coat of the color and it did not give the chalkboard effect. I'll try wiping the excess before drawing!

September 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad I wasn't the only one who made the thick polish mistake. I actually hated this when I did it at first, then really liked it after wiping all the polish off! Thanks!

September 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives