Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 @ 7:00 PM -- (1 Comments)
When I came across this new Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation stick I was instantly sucked in. I figured I would give it a try, hoping it could compare and maybe for a Make UP Forever Mat Velvet Plus dupe AND especially for the drug store price (around $7 at Wal-Mart). 


It stick comes in 12 oil-free shades. The Maybelline website claims:
Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core
Fresh gel foundation blends to a flawless matte finish
Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil




I wore this for the second time today. I wanted to give it a real shot. I wore it once to work and once for just a easy day running errands. 

It does apply with a nice matte, non sticky finish. I loved the finish. Did remind of the Mat Velvet +. I got "shiny" but NOT oily around the 3 hour mark. I *DID* set this with a powder, but as I have previously state, I have super oily skin. I ended up having to blot oil away and re apply powder around the 5-6 hour mark, which for me is quite normal. The Mat Velvet Plus however keeps me matte for about 7-8 hours before having to blot. 

The foundation doesnt have any weird smells and does apply like a dream. The gel core is smooth and does seem to work. The coverage is not amazing, more sheer to medium. You can apply a second layer for more coverage in certain spots. 

For my trouble spots, I apply light concealer first and then again after the foundation if needed. 

I also found that it didn't break down or get muddy and my blush is still visible.

I would recommend this for those like me that are oily and maybe don't want to wear their "higher end" foundation day to day.


Labels: , , , , ,


1 Comments

Blogger Unknown said...

Does anyone know if this is really oil free?

September 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives