Posted Friday, May 17, 2013 @ 8:09 PM -- (2 Comments)

{photo via my instagram} The average person might believe that I have a little bit of an obsession with nail polish. If you think 350+ polishes is an obsession, so be it. For me, its a hobby and a ever growing collection. What is a girl to do with all that polish? 
he idea of clear acrylic nail polish racks scared me. On amazon, they are expensive (about $40) and only hold around 80 bottles. Thats a lot of money and space! Then came Pinterest. I came across this pin from Dulce Candy, and watched her Youtube video. Easy right? Yes, but seems fragile, not big enough, and the sight of all that polish gave me chills. Then it hit me. Why not make a rack similar to hers, with a door to hide the polish, and a full length mirror for kicks. Thats it! But how would I build it? Thats where Dad comes in! He did all the measuring, cutting, nailing, and glueing. The finished product?



(Ahh, closet craziness!) It took weeks to get the polish exactly how I wanted it, its ever changing, and looks completely different than the photos. The shelves are deep enough to fit polishes 2 deep, and Julep polishes 4 deep.I still have tons of room to grow. This fits all of my polishes perfectly, except for minis, which I keep in a cute apothecary jar on my desk. What do you think? The total cost according to dad for everything was just over $50, he "thinks" (men, huh?). Seems like a lot, but its sturdy and easily fits 300+ polishes, and was customized for me. I love one of a kind pieces. 

How do you store your polishes? Share your pictures with me on twitter! (@staceyjoo)!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


2 Comments

Blogger yessie (cinnamonandzoeykisses) said...

Omg! I love this:) what a great idea!

July 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! it really worked out amazing for me! Now I just need a bigger one!

July 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives