Posted Monday, May 20, 2013 @ 6:52 PM -- (0 Comments)


Did I mention I'm obsessed with nail polish? I've been hunting for weeks for these two collections (Neon & Summer 2013) to come out. The neon collection contains a total of 6 polishes, and the summer, nautical collection contains 5. For me, I don't need to own every color from every collection, I tend to reach for the colors that are different and unique from anything I own already. 

  • Neons: (L to R)
    • Bouncer, Its me (buy here)
    • Shake your $$$ maker (buy here)
    • Dj Play That Song (buy here)
  • Summer 2013
    • The More the Merrier (buy @ Ulta)
    • Naughty Nautical (buy @ Ulta)

I still plan on picking up a few more from the collection, but I thought 5 was a good start.  
As always, the neons MUST be applied on top of a solid white base for their true colors to show. The blue, Bouncer, its Me applies a bit uneven at first, but with 3 good coats, its perfect. My favorite of the bunch is definitely "Naughty Nautical". Love this teal, it has tiny glitter added in, making the shine amazing.
If there was a color I would return, it would probably be "shake your $$$ maker", which I was most excited about. I applied it on its own, and 4 coats later, it was still sheer. I think I'll give it another shot, but I was definitely disappointed on my first impression.

Overall, I LOVED these collections. I don't let 1 or 2 bad ones, turn me off to the rest. I can't wait to see what Essie comes up with next. I hope they out due themselves again on the next collection.

Were you able to find these collections yet? What did you think? 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Go back to font page?


Navigation

Follow Us

Vintage Seams and Things on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin


About Us
We are a mother-daughter team who specialize in putting a vintage twist on mondern, everyday fashion. Our blog is a mix of fashion and beauty topics!

For comments, questions or business opportunities, please email us at: vintageseamsandthings@gmail.com

Last 10 Posts

Archives